Rnews has released a new version, 0.91, at the beginning of this month. I have tested RNews in many test settings but yet to deploy in a production environment. Perhaps this new release will convince me to do so. I have just downloaded and soon will replace one of my test setups of old version.
This release has a raft of new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. It's definitely the best Rnews, yet. Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and bug reports!
- Feeds are scored using personalized statistics, one- and two-column block views are more flexible, keyword search is supported, heuristics try to fix broken feeds, and feeds may be added using bookmarklets or a Firefox extension.
- New user options were added for keeping stats, expanding articles in single-feed view, and opening links in a new window.
- Rnews received a styling upgrade, with rollover icons and more AJAX interaction.
- IP-locked cookies are now optional (though recommended).
- Many bug fixes, in caching, IE presentation, redirects, and elsewhere.
Database structure has changed, but there is now an automatic upgrade process (from 0.8x only). See the instructions on the download page.
Update: minor bug in 0.90 is fixed in 0.91, which is drop-in compatible.